June 26, 2022

A SCOTS couple has claimed they rushed their canine to the vets after he was “electrocuted by a street pavement”.

George and Janice Brownie were being out walking Coby in Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire on Sunday morning when he began yelping out in pain.

The pair experienced been strolling all over Industry Square when the incident took place.

Coby the dog
Coby the Rough Collie.

They ended up keeping three-calendar year-aged Coby down in excess of fears he experienced damaged his leg.

But he was in this sort of excruciating pain he then commenced biting Janice’ arms.

The few, the two aged 59, immediately rushed their beloved pooch to the vets fearing that he experienced experienced a seizure.

Having said that, police later evacuated the spot on the exact same road later on that day right after much more locals experienced claimed their puppies had been electrocuted on the very same pavement.

Aberdeenshire Council cancelled the Stonehaven’s Xmas lights change-on thanks to go forward that night time around problems about underground electrics.

Speaking now, George and Janice’s daughter Becky explained: “My mom and dad believed he’d broken his leg and so ended up seeking to keep him down to prevent him shifting not realising he was staying electrocuted from the pavement, so he finished up biting all up their arms. 

“When they let him up he moved from the place on the pavement.

George and Janice Brownie
Janice and George Brownie.

“People gathered all around them to assist them. 

“Someone drove my mum and Coby to the vet. 

“At the vet they discovered just one of his eyes was not reacting like it should so they considered it could have been a seizure.

See also  Scots tech firm cash cancer charity part for graduate

“When the person, who took them to the vet, said his canine experienced yelped at that correct place. 

“Police spoke to my mum and claimed there have been electrical faults, which the vet explained would make perception as to why his eye, which was the just one closest to the pavement, wasn’t reacting properly. 

“Coby is absolutely great now thankfully.”

Police Scotland have been manufactured aware of dogs becoming hurt at the location but did not have facts on how a lot of or if they required subsequent procedure.

A Police Scotland spokesperson nowadays claimed: “Officers were being referred to as to Market Square in Stonehaven around 12.20pm on Sunday, 28 November adhering to issues elevated about the energy community in the space.
 
“The region was evacuated as a precaution for a interval and no person was wounded.
 
“The utility enterprise was built mindful of the fault.”